Emotional and Spiritual Support:
Find a Job:
- RoadmaptoResources.com - City of Mesquite list of helpful resources for businesses and job seekers.
- Snagajob.com - Quick and mostly hourly positions available.
- TWC.texas.gov - Texas Workforce Commission
- Job Boards - A Google search of all the job boards.
We were designed to produce...
10 Key Points About Work in the Bible Every Christian Should Know
Article / Produced by Individual TOW Project member
by Andy Mills, co-chair of the Theology of Work Project. Andy became a Christian as a CEO, and he felt God impress upon him the importance of asking, “What difference does being a Christian make for my work?” Over the years, Andy’s extensive experience as a Christian working in the marketplace and his study of scripture have helped him form the following perspective on work.
The Bible makes it clear that work matters to God. No matter what your profession or occupation – whether you’re a parent, a bus driver, an artist or an engineer – God cares about your work. Here are ten key points about work drawn from the Bible. They provide a practical foundation for Christians asking what the Bible says about how we should approach our work.
- Work is part of God’s big picture. God created all things and He has revealed that, in His sovereignty, He is progressing created order through a process of Creation, Fall and Redemption. God’s created order started with the perfect garden (Garden of Eden) and will be consummated in the perfect city (New Jerusalem).
- Explore this idea further by reading the following Bible verses:
- Genesis 1
- Genesis 2
- Isaiah 65
- Revelation 21:1-22:5