Part-Time Nursery Worker
1. Offer and provide for the emotional, physical and social needs of young children during the time they are in the church nursery.
2. Interact with the children and encourage their involvement in activities.
3. Maintain a warm, safe environment that is orderly, clean and appealing.
4. Establish and maintain good communication and be sensitive and responsive to parents.
5. Read, understand and follow nursery policies.
6. Be on site in the nursery for the entire scheduled time.
7. Arrange for substitute in the event of absence from scheduled time. Notify current Preschool Minister in charge of the nursery three days prior to the absence at the latest.
8. Complete the twice per year training for abuse prevention and reporting.
Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Sundays.
Hours are 6:15 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. on Wednesdays.
Special Events Hours as Needed.
Approximately 40 hours per month.
The nursery is a clean, organized environment suitable for children from birth to 5 years of age.
1. Background experience in child care or early childhood development.
2. Must be a nurturing, caring, patient caregiver who enjoys working with young children.
3. Outgoing personality and ability to work well with children.
4. Organizational skills helpful.
5. Ability to pass CPR/First Aid/AED/Choking training.
6. Must be 18 years of age or older.
7. Ability to pass a thorough background check.
8. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $9.50 to $11.00 /hour